I am not a human being
trying to have a spiritual experience.
I am a spirit being
mastering the human experience.

Friday 7 January 2011

My One Word for 2011

As you know I was initially a bit little apprehensive about this. Mainly because I know 2011 is going to be a year of change in my life and I didn't want to 'jinx it' the "wrong" way... Change is good, necessary even, it's just that I'd like to, if I can, skip any detours that a 'wrong' word would lead me on. ;)

Not sure if I should mention the words that came to me that I didn't choose...? Well, there was a few before the 'right one' hit me. :) The first words were of the type that I was concerned about...from an emotional origin rather than one of progress and growth... (wondering if I'm making too big of a deal about this!)

The word I chose I've been 'tasting' for the better part of the week, thinking about what it means to me and what I'd like for it to bring. Its versatility really appealed to me. Its content is both emotional, physical and spiritual.
This is my word for 2011:


Light
- Illuminated (aglow, bright, clear, radiant)
- Not heavy (agile, graceful, slender)
- Content (mild. moderate, modest)
- Simple, easy (effortless, smooth)
- Funny, cheery (lighthearted)
- Luminescence from sun or other source
(glimmer, glow, shine)
(read more on http://www.yourdictionary.com/light )

In bold you have what the word Light means to me, what I want to focus on and what I hope it'll to bring in the coming year.

Here's for a Light(er) 2011!

Can't wait to read Cora's word...! :) My Friday arrives a bit sooner than hers and I wanted to post this before the weekend "madness" began. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello my darling! I was just about to start writing my post and the baby is waking up... oh the timing!

I absolutely LOVE your word!! I think it is perfect for you and your year to come. Interestingly, the Quakers talk about the Inner Light/Inner Teacher.

May the Light shine upon you and through you!

Much much much love

E. said...

:D :D :D
Thank you... <3

Jamie said...

I think your word of choice is marvelously perfect. Love it. Can't wait how you unfold your year with Light as your path.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...