I am not a human being
trying to have a spiritual experience.
I am a spirit being
mastering the human experience.

Sunday 9 January 2011

~ Light ~

I'm not too sure how I will translate my one word into action, into being and into reality so I thought I'd start by finding some quotes :) about and around Light...
I found a great deal of inspiration and reasurance in my little evening quest. Sure, it's easy to find the answers one is looking for but these following words confirmed my choice. :)

I think Woodrow Wilsons words settled me the most and I loved the Maori proverb.

"Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue."
- Buddha

"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong."
- Abraham Lincoln


"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are
powerful beyond measure.
It is our Light, not our Darkness,
that most frightens us."
- Marianne Williamson


"You cannot, in human experience, rush into the light. You have to go through the twilight into the broadening day before the noon comes and the full sun is upon the landscape."
- Woodrow Wilson

"Light gives of itself freely, filling all available space. It does not seek anything in return; it asks not whether you are friend or foe. It gives of itself and is not thereby diminished."
- Michael Strassfeld


"Turn your face to the sun
and the shadows fall behind you."

- Maori Proverb

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...