I am not a human being
trying to have a spiritual experience.
I am a spirit being
mastering the human experience.

Thursday 21 April 2011

Sisters

I am truly blessed when it comes to sisters! :) I have two amazing women who are related to me by blood and I've also been lucky enough to find another two awesome sisters to whom I'm connected to by heart and soul.

"She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she's the reason you wish you were an only child."
- Barbara Alpert

"I don't believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers.  It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage.  Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at." 
- Maya Angelou

"A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double."
- Toni Morrison

"A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life." 
- Isadora James

"Bless you, my darling, and remember
you are always in the heart - oh tucked so close
there is no chance of escape - of your sister." 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you've got me all misty eyed. Love you to pieces <3

Here's another one that I found in a catalog that's engraved on what they call a "Forever Friends Necklace":

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words

E. said...

:) :) :)
I love that quote!
<3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...