I am not a human being
trying to have a spiritual experience.
I am a spirit being
mastering the human experience.

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Dinner Challenge!

So here's a 'challenge' for you!

Who would you invite to dinner?
Choose 6 people, living or dead, that you'd like to invite over for dinner. Choose freely, they can be friends and/or family, famous or infamous ;) people.

'All' I want from you is a motivation as to why you've chosen these people, both on a personal level as well as what you think the individuals might add to the group.

Tag as many or as few people as you like.

Don't forget to let me know in the comments when you're done with the challenge! :) :) :)

If you've read this post you've been tagged for the challenge! :)

A special 'honourary tag' goes to DMG, Cora, Gumbo Soul and Kelly who I'll 'personally' hunt down and tag on their blogs! ;p

Edited to add: OhOhOh! Why not add a little note of what would be on the dinner table too?? :D That'd be fun to read about too. :)

Image is linked and borrowed from pinkofperfection.com


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm inviting:
Khalil Gibran
Jesus (as in Christ)
Paulo Coelho
Cora
Muhammed (as in founder of Islam)
Dalai Lama (as in the 14th)

This was not an easy choice...I could easily have added another 3-4 people to the table! OR invite a whole new group of 6 people. (I would have loved an all-girls-table! ;)) Sure, I guess I could have changed the rules too to suit ;) but my reason for 'only' inviting 6 people is so that we'll all have time to have a good chat with each other before the night is through. (Cora's an overnight guest just so ya'll know! ;)).

The reason for inviting these people over is, if you haven't already figured it out, to talk about religion, spirituality and faith. I'm curious to meet and discuss with each individual his/her point of view on these things but I'd also think it'd be sooo cool to see Muhammad chatting with Jesus and the Dalai Lama talking with Gibran etc. and so on. :) I think that the group conversations at the table would be very interesting too and I'd like to believe that they're all 'well-behaved' and wouldn't start a fight. ;)

Added after editing: I'm not a very good cook so I don't have a ready recipe in mind but I'd serve something vegetarian for sure. I think it'd be the best option considering the guest. A nice stew of some sort perhaps and definately a soul soothing sweet-something for dessert! ;)

So, tell me! Who would you invite to dinner?? :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll play!! Your list was super interesting! That would be a lovely room to be in, too - wouldn't it? Thanks for linking with me! <3

~*Gumbo Soul*~ said...

I would SO invite Paulo Coelho too!!! I will play on my blog and let you know when i get it posted!

Anonymous said...

I'm actually reading one of Paulo Coelho's books right now, The Devil and Miss Prym. I've ready many of his books and LOVE him.

This should be a fun challenge. Gonna chew on it for a little bit and definitely will particiate.

Thanks for thinking of me : )

Anonymous said...

My post is up : )
http://darkmothergoddess.blogspot.com/2011/04/dinner-challenge-aka-last-supper.html

E. said...

Yay! I'm on my way! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...