I am not a human being
trying to have a spiritual experience.
I am a spirit being
mastering the human experience.

Saturday 18 June 2011

Therapeutic torture?

I've got this 'thing' I do... and it's either 'healthy' or somewhat loony, perhaps a bit of both...? ;p

Like most people I've got play lists with music in categories like 'Chill Out', 'Party' and such. I've also got one called 'Sad' which is full of all these different (mostly love) tunes which are rip-my-heart-out-sad and...once in a while (more often in the last year(s) than I like to admit) I put those songs on and sing and cry my heart out for all that was, all that could/should have been and all that might (or might not) happen... The song might hold some truth or not, some of the songs are completely different from my own sadness but if it's somewhat sad or even a little bit heart warming in the 'right' (wrong?) way I'll cry...

Self torture or self therapy? I don't know...but all I know is it needs to come out or I might literally explode... :/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crying is a great cleansing Ritual. I came across a song yesterday my mother used to play when I was very young and burst into tears. It flooded me with memories and emotions I had forgot existed. I'm still feeling its effects this morning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...