I am not a human being
trying to have a spiritual experience.
I am a spirit being
mastering the human experience.

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... Freeeezing cold, ice and sunshine... :) An acquaintance of mine said that one of the strange things she found about Sweden when moving over here (besides the darkness of our winters) was the fact that as soon as the sun broke through the clouds people would stop in their tracks and lift their faces towards the sun, like sunflowers, soaking up as much as they could. :) I'll tell you there was plenty of that happening today! :) :) I don't think I've ever longed for Spring as much as I am right now.

I am thinking... a) that Spring can't come soon enough for me. b) Feels like I can't seem to get warm at all today. c) Course literature is stupidly expensive!
I am thankful for... Family. ♥

From the learning rooms... Lots and lots on how kids learn to read and write at university right now. Superinteresting stuff!

From the kitchen... nothing inspiring, just the sound of the dishwasher.

I am wearing... A long nude coloured, comfy long sleeved tee and white leggings, my (red, purple, white) argyle patterned knee high socks and grey, warm!, woolly slippers.

I am creating... a better me?

I am going... into the unknown.

I am reading... Strength in Weakness by Gil Skidmore and just bought Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert (I loooved her witty writing style in eat, pray, love) even if the subject itself might not be the best...considering... :]

I am hoping... I'll get back on the 'best me'-path soooon! This thing, right here and now, is not good! :/ Bread and chocolate is not the way to go! I know this yet I'm doing it...not very clever.

I am hearing... Dishwasher's in the kitchen, tv's on in the living room, kiddies playing/fighting with each other and/about the duplo. Little Man is a wis at building robots. :)

Around the house... Nothing out of the ordinary. The usual messy-tidiness, what you'd expect from us. ;)

One of my favorite things... Books! Books! Books! After, or at the same time as, the bread and chocolate, I turn to books for comfort.

A few plans for the rest of the week... A few lectures, get started on my paper due in on Friday (it will not be in on time!) and having Family over to give us a hand on Saturday.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


The image is from allposters.com and the quote says:

One's mind,
once stretched,
by a new idea,
never regains its,
original dimension.


-Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

For more daybook entries go to The Simple Woman's Daybook.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know what you thought of Committed. I got halfway through and was so irritated I stopped reading it.

E. said...

DM: Oh no! What annoyed you about it?? Did you read/like eat,pray,love?
I'll let you know what I think, not sure why I picked it up as I might be heading out of my marriage rather than needing to 'make peace' with it...but...perhaps that's just what I need to make peace with it all... Rambling, I know! ;)

Anonymous said...

I liked the Eat part of the first book (hahahah!) but the Pray and Love part was just soooooo waaa waaaa waaaa. I felt like I could not relate to her one bit. Who in the world has enough money to galavant around the world for an entire year? Um, I've become a pretty durn Spiritual person right here in my little neck of Jersey thank you very much.

As for the second book, it seemed like she took the topic of marriage and somehow made it seem as if she was the only person in the world to have every been married/divorced/engaged. She just seems very self-centered and ego-centric. As though every whim she has she follows like a 12 year old.

Please keep in mind that I am incredibly hormonal (read irritable) right now so add a sprinkle of cinnamon to these salty reviews ; )

I would love to hear your experiences with the book/s.

Unknown said...

"I am not a human being
trying to have a spiritual experience.
I am a spirit being
mastering the human experience." <-------Love it!!! :)

E. said...

DM: :D :D :D Your words need not be sprinkled with no cinnamon! :)

I agree with you that VERY few (only Liz!?) can/could afford to take a year off to find herself and that's probably the main reason why others too have gotten a bit ;) annoyed with the book.
I read it as Her Story, one (fortunate) persons journey and that's why I LOVED it. It can in NO WAY be translated into My Story (or journey) and I don't think that Liz ever intended for it to be this HUGE thing that it became. It was her, working through her stuff/finding herself, and being quite honest about her experiences along the way. I related to her as a person struggling to figure out who she is and where she wants to go...so the rest didn't really matter that much to me.
I loved her humour and how she came to terms with the fact that there isn't a one-fits-all-model when it comes to spirituality, we ALL need to find out what works for us - ourselves...you know...? :)

I'll let you know what I think of Committed (which I 'unforunately' bought in Swedish but it is hopefully well translated!)!

kmcaffee: Yeah, isn't it just FAB! Wish I knew who's words it is but can't seem to find a reference to it anywhere... Let me know if you do! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...