I am not a human being
trying to have a spiritual experience.
I am a spirit being
mastering the human experience.

Monday 28 February 2011

Book quotes

I love reading. Reading takes me through time and space and allows me to 'experience' how life and love is to others. I laugh and cry, I hurt and heal and by reading I learn and grow, sometimes with the characters in the books but just as often when they don't. After my Family, reading means the world to me.
I like writing too and perhaps I'll write a book one day, share with other's some of what I've learnt...pass it forward if you will... :)


Here's what a some other folks have to say on Books:

Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers.
- Charles W. Eliot (21st President of Harvard University)

A single book at the right time can change our views dramatically, give a quantum boost to our knowledge, help us construct a whole new outlook on the world and our life. Isn't it odd that we don't seek those experiences more systematically?
- Steve Leveen

When I read a book I seem to read it with my eyes only, but now and then I come across a passage, perhaps only a phrase, which has a meaning for me, and it becomes part of me.
- W. Somerset Maugham (English playwright, novelist, and short story writer)

Give me a man or woman who has read a thousand books and you give me an interesting companion. Give me a man or woman who has read perhaps three and you give me a dangerous enemy indeed.
- Anne Rice (American novelist)

Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
- Maya Angelou (American poet, memoirist, actress, director, and civil rights activist)

You cannot open a book without learning something.
- Confucius (Chinese thinker and social philosopher)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...