I am not a human being
trying to have a spiritual experience.
I am a spirit being
mastering the human experience.

Saturday 11 September 2010

Solidarity

It thought that I'd already shared this here but when I went looking for it it was "gone"... ;) :D So...here it is "again". ;P


"Solidarity is not a matter of altruism.
Solidarity comes from the inability to tolerate the affront to our own integrity of passive or active collaboration in the oppression of others, and from the deep recognition of our most expansive self-interest.
From the recognition that, like it or not, our liberation is bound up with that of every other being on the planet, and that politically, spiritually, in our heart of hearts we know anything else is unaffordable."
- Aurora Levins Morales

Here in Sweden we're coming up on election soon (Sept. 19th) and to be honest with you, the policies the opposing parties are presenting are almost too similar to tell them apart. "Pest eller kolera?" we say in Swedish (transl. to plague or cholera?) when it's a choice between two uncomfortable options.

BUT! The ideological differences are still there - how people/humanity is viewed and I can not vote for those who exclude rather than include!
This is my penny's worth about politics and it's about all you'll hear me say. :)

Eid Mubarak.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...