I am not a human being
trying to have a spiritual experience.
I am a spirit being
mastering the human experience.

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Searching outside or within...

These words (that I found over at Hay Quaker) shook my world a little and squeezed my heart with recognition... They  made me gasp as I read them over and over, holding my breath.

How something (I assume is) written for the 'big arena', with politics and ideology in mind, can fit just as well...eerily well on a much smaller, personal, level too...! *sigh*

'Himself' is my husband in this scenario and I am 'somewhere outside/others'... :/



"Someone who does not draw strength from himself and who is incapable of finding the meaning of his life within himself will...seek the map to his own orientation somewhere outside himself--in some ideology, organization, or society, and then, however active he may appear to be, he is merely waiting, depending. He waits to see what others will do, or what roles they will assign to him, and he depends on them--and if they don't do anything or if they botch things, he succumbs to disillusion, despair, and ultimately, resignation."
- Václav Havel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy mother of god!! That is eerie and a tad creepy!

I wonder if he goes on to say how Himself can look within for those things instead of relying on the "outside".

Hmmm...wonder if you taped that through out the house if Himself would get it? ;-)

E. said...

It is isn't it!?! :O :) Hmmm...I'll have to have a search and see if he does mention more on the how to look within...!

No, Himself is too far up his own (or my??) ass too see/hear/learn/get anything! ;P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...