I am not a human being
trying to have a spiritual experience.
I am a spirit being
mastering the human experience.

Monday 3 October 2011

Aha...!

I 'came up' with a 'new' motto/philosophy the other day and I've not been able to let it go. No matter which way I twist and turn it, it stays true...

Det är som det är, för att det är som det är.

Translated into English it goes something sorta like this;
It is what it is, because it is what it is...

Meaning...that the situation one is in is due to surrounding circumstances - the house is a mess, because I wasn't home to tidy or too busy or out having fun or not giving a damn or one is tired because one didn't get enough sleep or the kids are being a pain in the side because they aren't getting enough attention... etc. and so on.

It is what it is, because it is what it is.

...and for things/'it' to not be what 'it' is we need to change the other it's. Make sense??? Or...perhaps this is yet another one of my not-so-sensible ramblings?! ;)

In the Light (?),

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes perfect Zen sense to me! When I find myself wanting to gauge my eyes out, I often say it is what it is dude. Much less Zenish, but it gets the job done.

Anonymous said...

We have a similiar saying over here "it is what it is" meaning you cannot change it, so just accept it. <3 Very freeing!

E. said...

DM: Thanks! :D I think the 'dude' at the end is perfect zen! ;D

Cora: :) :) :) I know...but I think it is the next part, the WHY-bit of "it is what it is" that does the freeing...and the changing! :D The fact that it brings into the light the WHAT it is that is the 'problem' or cause for things being the way they are... :)

Thinking that next step ahead to the why and what might have made things to be what they are opens things up...brings some perspective to it all... I think... :)

There's not only acceptance in this but also the enlightenment... you know...? :)

Anonymous said...

You inspired a post from me. I linked back to you sassy lady.

E. said...

DM: :D xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...