I am not a human being
trying to have a spiritual experience.
I am a spirit being
mastering the human experience.

Saturday 27 November 2010

Søren Kierkegaard,

was a Danish philosopher, theologian and religious author interested in human psychology. Kierkegaard is regarded as the father of existentialism which means that (in at least in my book!) he's a cool dude! :) :) There's one "passage" of his that I can't seem to find in English (still looking!) so here's two quotes 'til I find what I'm looking for. :)


"Life can only be understood backwards;
but it must be lived forwards
."
- Søren Kierkegaard

To be a teacher in the right sense is to be a learner. Instruction begins when you, the teacher, learn from the learner, put yourself in his place so that you may understand what he understands and the way he understands it.
- Søren Kierkegaard

As a future teacher I love that quote, because I find it so true to what a teacher really should be like...! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...