I am not a human being
trying to have a spiritual experience.
I am a spirit being
mastering the human experience.

Tuesday 8 June 2010

Praying

I don't pray. :) At least not in any sense of the word that I've experienced... I don't bow my head or clasp my hands, I don't dance, kneel or do spells...

I don't know...it's hard when my spirituality is something that has grown on "it's own" and where I don't have a clear definition on What/Who I believe in. I do believe in the power of positive thinking (both for myself and for others) and I do send many thoughts that think/believe as "charged" - something I guess a more religious person than myself would possibly call praying, but I don't have a specific routine/ritual to go with it. Because surely that's one of the 'requirements' for praying, a ritual of some sort? I 'just' do 'thought-sending'. ;) Anyway... I'm rambling...! :) If it's isn't a nonsense warning it'll be an rambling one! ;)

I wish I could/did pray more, because words mean so much to me and on occasion I come across (or receive! ;)) a prayer that I read over and over again, feeling it, being strengthened by it... Other times I find words that say the things I feel in my heart, that speak the words of my soul and just now I found one of those kinds of prayers so tonight I'll go to bed with my spirit singing these words...

"May all beings everywhere plagued with sufferings of body and mind quickly be freed from their illnesses. May those frightened cease to be afraid, and may those bound be free.
May the powerless find power, and may people think of befriending one another."

~ The Buddha


Good night,
Sweet Dreams,
- still not praying...!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying isn't ritual. I don't bow, kneel, dance, do spells either but I do pray.

For me, praying is continuing a conversation that's on going. If I have something specific on my mind, I speak it. Plainly and simply with no bells and whistles.

And that's the thing: prayer and the relationship you have to What Ever isn't about all the smoke and mirrors, it's about what's in your heart and being present and authentic.

<3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...